Dear Sun Pediatrics Family,
We wanted to update our patients and their families about our latest news regarding the Coronavirus (Covid19).
At this time, Sun Pediatrics does not have Covid19 Coronavirus testing available in our offices; nor does Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Children’s Healthcare has advised parents to call their pediatrician if they have symptoms of Coronavirus. They are asking the pediatricians to make the call.
The most important thing to do is to stop the spread of the illness. The CDC recommends:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces Be prepared if your child’s school or childcare facility is temporarily dismissed or for potential changes at your workplace.
- Clean hands at the door and at regular intervals
- Create habits and reminders to avoid touching their face and cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect surfaces like doorknobs, tables, and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
Learn more here
Cobb County is Affected
We recognize in the community that someone was diagnosed in one of the Cobb County schools. However all affected people have been contacted by the Department of Health about testing.
We encourage you to avoid routine and unessential travel at this time. Please refer to Travel.Gov or CDC for updated travel restrictions, as they change daily.
For Emergencies, Call Ahead First
If your child is having shortness of breath or chest pains, please do take them to nearest emergency room or CHOA but you will need to call CHOA or the emergency room ahead of time to let them know you are coming. They do not want patients with symptoms walking into the hospital.
Remember, per CDC Guidelines if anyone in the family is experiencing any symptoms, your family should stay home.
Note: We are currently seeing patients, however if there are symptoms of fever, coughing, the CDC is asking that you stay at home.
Allergy Symptoms are Similar
Our offices are receiving multiple calls a day. It is also allergy season so keep that in mind. The symptoms are similar.
We will get through this.
Thank you, Sun Pediatrics